|Hydrological study and flood discharge of a plan in Taif city
|Princess Jawhara plan in the city of Taif
|Princess Jawhara bint Ibrahim Albrahim
|Type of work
A brief overview of the work
The project consists of the planning of the land of Princess / Al-Jawhara bint Ibrahim Albrahim, a residential plan located in an intermediate area between the city of Taif and Hawiyah and the area of the plan is 8 million m2
The study includes several stages, as follows :
- Phase I: the stage of gathering the necessary information to complete the study from the concerned authorities and conduct field visits to find out the environmental status of the plan.
- Phase II:the stage of information analysis, studying the area, ensuring the discharge of floods from the plan and adjacent areas, proposing solutions to the discharge of the plans flood and addressing the impact of neighboring plans on this plan.
- Phase III: the stage of design and preparation of the report and the plans.
- Phase IV: the stage of submitting the report to the concerned authorities and adopting it.
The hydrological study report includes:
- • Introduction to the project and description of the study area
- • Description and analysis of the cadastral survey of the project land topography and field visits to the site
- • Sheebs and valleys passing by and nearby the planned land
- • Morphometric characteristics of sheeb and valleys drainage basins
- • Metrological characteristics of the city of Taif
- • Estimating the amount of flood for the project area and how to discharge them
- • Recommendations necessary to protect the land of the project from the dangers of floods and the development of solutions such as the implementation of closed or open networks and put culverts in places of intersections
- • Designs for proposed solutions and implementation plans